Once you’re comfortable creating sketches in Processing, you can start using outside data sources to influence your sketch. In this workshop you’ll learn how to use data from Twitter in Processing.
This is an intermediate workshop. If you haven’t learned the basics of Processing, then this workshop may be difficult to follow.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Work with the Twitter API, including getting a developer key.
- Passing data from Processing to an Arduino
- Creating more complicated messages to pass more information, and how to understand at the other end what is in those messages.
To attend this workshop you will need:
- To know how to create a Processing sketch, understand the setup and draw functions, know how to write your own functions, know how to use for loops and arrays, and know how to use if statements. If you have taken our Beginning Processing Workshops, you’ll be prepared.
- You may bring your own computer with the latest stable version of Processing already installed, but computers will also be available to use.
Bookings are closed for this event.