Like playing video games? Now you can have fun making your own!
In this workshop you’ll learn how to use Scratch to navigate a character around a level on a platform game to collect things. Scratch is a drag and drop programming environment that allows you to create your very own projects!
We’ll start from the basics, teaching you how to design and draw your own background, character and objects within the game. By the end of the workshop you will have one level completed, which you can carry on working on at home.
Each workshop ticket is for one child. Parents and guardians accompanying children are welcome to stay during the workshop.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to draw your own character.
- How to move a character around on the screen using the arrow keys.
- How to create objects for the character to pick up
- Basics of game logic such as detecting when you’ve hit a wall, or platform or have reached the end.
- How to upload and play your game online.
To attend this workshop you will need:
- There are computers provided for you to use, but you can bring your own laptop as well.
Bookings are closed for this event.