This workshop is over 3 Wednesday evenings – 12, 19 & 26 March – from 7pm to 9:30pm.
In this 3 week, Wednesday evening workshop, you’ll learn the basics of programming and working with Pure Data so that you can start using it in your own projects.
We’ll start from the beginning, teaching you how to create sounds and music through code. Pure Data is a visual programming language so you will be developing software graphically rather than writing out lines of code.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The fundamentals of digital audio
- The nature of diagrammatic programming
- Managing data flow
- Basic MIDI input and output
- Using random functions
- Using arrays and tables
- Playing back and the basic processing of audio files
- The fundamentals of synthesis: additive, subtractive, FM
- How to connect Pure Data to other software
To attend this workshop you will need:
- Computers will be provided but you may bring your own computer with the latest stable version of Pure Data already installed, but computers will also be available to use.
For more information please email [email protected] as we would be happy to discuss the workshop with you.
Bookings are closed for this event.